Friday, January 26, 2007

The 100 Book Mission

This year, my real New Year's Resolution is to finish reading 100 books. I already have a small list, and I would like you, dear readers, to contribute your ideas as to what I should be reading. This is the List so far:

  1. Freakonomics (Livett, Dubner)- done
  2. nineteen-eighty-four (Orwell)
  3. Nausea (Sartre)
  4. The Confessions (St. Augustine)
  5. The Fellowship of the Ring
  6. The Two Towers
  7. The Return of The King (J.R.R. Tolkien) - and no, I haven't watched the films, either!
  8. The Book of Nothing
  9. A Short History Of Tractors in Ukranian
  10. The Kite Runner
  11. (La Divina Commedia) - not sure about this
  12. The Full Cupboard of Life
  13. Basic Statistics
And that's where my list ends, and yours begins. Any suggestions would be considered, especially if recommended by a good review of yours... On my behalf I will try to write a short resume of the book just completed.

5 Comments:

Blogger L-Imhawwda said...

Read animal farm.
the alchemist, brave new world (but that's everyone's fave), sexual behavior in the human male(... I'm joking ok but it's got a potentiality for turning out to interesting,in a way :p), the grapes of wrath, Fahrenheit 451, Lolita, Ulysses, invisible man..
The list is endless.

If u like any of them and u encounter some kind of difficulty in the acquisition process i guess it won't hurt anybody if I'm a bit nice sometimes and lend them over since u attend uni (too) ...and uni it's not thaaaaaat big.
Anyway Happy Reading...glad you still find time for it.

11:27 pm  
Blogger Janice said...

I suggest the following:

1. Dracula by Bram Stoker
2. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
3. Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray [it cracked me up in some instances.. but quite an interesting read nonetheless]
4. The Importance of being Ernest - Oscar Wilde
5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte [lovely book.. amazing.. ok.. one of my faves so i'm pretty biased.. but it's no sissy stuff.. far from it..]

Yeah.. I love classics most of all..


Good luck with your quest..

4:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw man

here's my book list

1, Venus in Furs by Leopold Van Sacher Masoch

2, Brave New World by Alduos Huxley

3, The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov

4, Everything is Illuminated by Johnathan Safran Foer

5, High Society by Ben Elton

enjoy....

Dijn

11:31 am  
Blogger Kenneth said...

"Basic Statistics"... Ha!

Definitely read Nineteen Eighty-Four and Animal Farm (the latter is to be accompany by Pink Floyd's Animals; it's based off that book.)

12:29 am  
Blogger matthew said...

1984 - George Orwell -> very very important
The Godfather - Mario Puzo
The picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
God's smuggler - Brother Andrew

5:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home